Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 34: Crawfordville, IN to Indianapolis, IN OR, BIG MO #2

Maybe the Internet not working last night was an omen...today was a series of mishaps all of which turned out ok....first off we had a car come a little too close on a country road...an angry woman inside flipping us off etc.....nobody even in the oncoming lane. Really?  A few days ago we had a trucker harass us...I think there are some angry people out there. yikes.
Second, a man on a platform mower blew grass and rocks our way...not on purpose as he did stop but a little too late. I took a rock to my left sunglasses lens and it chipped it. ARRGH! My new Oakleys!
I am just happy I was wearing them or I could have had a serious eye injury.
Third, hit the first SAG and upon preparing to depart...flat. Rear, what else? So, big slice in my tire that I put on in Santa Fe after the blowout in California. Totally ruined the tire.
So now, I have Big MO tractor tire #2 on there, and I think we will be friends until the end of the trip.
Where I go, he goes. Drag or no...sigh. I long for my racing tires at home waiting in the cupboard.
One piece of good luck...Peter and I stopped at a Starbucks (really!!!) and had iced coffees and sandwiches, and just as we were finishing, we heard thunder and looked out to see big black stuff coming. Thankfully, we were only about .5 mile from the hotel ( since it was a relatively short day today, only 60 miles) and just as we pulled into the lobby the skies opened up. We took note that it was pretty steamy today...Midwest summer in full force.
Tonight my friends John and Betsy MacLennan are coming from northwest Indiana (Valparaiso) to see me and have dinner...so excited to see them.
Today's picture: quintessential Indiana

No comments:

Post a Comment