Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Day 10: Holbrook to Gallup: Or, "Going to Gallup"....

Well I think today will be the real test...another 90 plus mile day. Sunny and 50 degrees to start from Holbrook. We are on I-40 again today, but already to start we have a nice little tailwind out of the Southwest. Every day as we get ready to leave the hotel, Robin (our mother hen) always waves at us and says "Tailwinds...." And today I think we are going to have them....
Bright sunshine, fantastic tailwind, smooth road, sweeping vistas...all make for the ride of a lifetime....today was the kind of ride cyclists dream of. It may be the best ride I have ever had....
the knee is feeling good but I am not pushing, just enjoying being able to ride.
We hit the New Mexico State line and stopped for photo ops and and sand sprinkling. We have sand from the beach where we started in California and whenever we hit a state line, we sprinkle a little of it. Apparently we must do this for the good luck elves.
So today the elves smiled on us and we FLEW into Gallup.
I forgot to mention that yesterday the group had 15 flats...lots of little tire wires. I managed to get one but not until I was actually wheeling my bike into my room. Rear tire, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment