Monday, May 18, 2015

Day 7: Cottonwood to Flagstaff: AKA Day 2 in the SAG

Still very cold and windy with scattered rain showers and low clouds over the Sedona Red Rocks as the riders started up Oak Creek Canyon. They had already come up from Cottonwood and we stopped and had coffee at the Pink Java Cafe in Sedona. It is toasty warm in the SAG wagon and I am a little concerned that I am getting TOO comfortable in here..... I am now learning how things work from the other side, all the work and organization. I am also learning how to be the sweep with Robin and to count riders. She affectionately calls all the riders "my riders." She isn like a mother hen herding her chicks. The Canyon is challenging and scary..no shoulder and too much traffic. The weather is breaking as we arrive in Flagstaff and there is big snow on the mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment