Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 2: Riverside to Indio

Today we started out from Indio with a pretty good tailwind and a 3 mile climb right out of the gate but not too difficult. At around the 30 mile mark we hit a big climb up a canyon for 6 miles...
pretty steep with a lot of twists and turns. I kind of blew up on that climb and never really recovered the rest of the day. (Part of my problem was being a rookie with my camelbak...put only water in it and put the electrolytes in my bottles. I ended up drinking mostly out of my camelbak and didn't get enough electrolyte.)
Then we went through the Palm Springs windmill farm...got into some heat and head winds...dead on HOWLING head wind into Indio at the end....expletives here....
Completely shattered and dehydrated at the end of the 91 miles...drank tons of electrolytes and crashed.

Robin and Carol
Part of the great CrossRoads Staff
Worked our SAG today

No comments:

Post a Comment