Saturday, May 9, 2015

Orientation Day!

Today was filled with lots of details. Getting saftey checks on the bike, getting the safety flag mounted on the bike, attending orientation and "route rap" for tomorrow's ride, reviewing the procedure for the ocean wheel dipping ceremony, etc. I got my roommate today...Maggie Ramsey from Great Britain. I feel right at home after riding with Malcolm and Keith these last few years. I can even understand what she is saying!
Bruce and I managed to find a Macy's and pick up a couple of shirts for him so he doesn't have to wear the same thing for four days!
Tonight was a group dinner and there seemed to be an undercurrent of nervous excitement. We have 18 coast to coast riders, with only three women. There are also 4 "sectional" riders who will ride part of the way, for example L.A. to Albuquerque is a "section."
So, here I go. My goal is to have fun and be safe, and to finish, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment