Saturday, May 16, 2015

DAY 6: Prescott to Cottonwood: Thoughts from the SAG wagon

Today the stars aligned in a way: if you need to miss a day or two on the bike, today was the day. It was a cold rain as all the riders saddled up and headed for Cottonwood. It was a tough thing to watch everyone go off as I loaded into the SAG wagon with an ice pack on my knee...it was the first time I didn't set off with the group. The riders had a tough day of it...it was SNOWING on the way up Mingus Mountain and they got pretty hypothermic coming down into Jerome. We stopped at the Haunted Hamburger and everyone got warmed up and had lunch. The weather reminded me of the historic Sedona MS ride a few years ago when we had that late spring snowstorm. Still raining but no more snow as they descended into Cottonwood.
My knee is improving and I am doing all the prescribed regimens. Tomorrow I will ride the SAG again as I know the knee is not ready to climb Oak Creek Canyon on the way to Flagstaff. Then it is a rest day in Flagstaff, so my hope is to be on the bike Monday from Flagstaff to Holbrook and hopefully be able to carry on from there. All your messages and emails are greatly appreciated and I feel very supported.
I have a lot of pictures but am having trouble with the blog so will try to get that figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment