Thursday, May 14, 2015

Day 3: Indio to Blythe

I woke up this morning with a headache and a little nausea....thinking to myself I may not make this 100 miles today...decided to give it my best shot and hoping not to have to SAG in.
Big 12 mile climb right out of the gate but Joanne "the sparrow" and I decided we would just take our time and I could hear Christian...."gear down, be patient"... so up and up but no real problem.
We got to the first SAG and I ate two pickles...and drank a V8 (loaded with sodium) and VoilĂ !!
Headache is gone! More pickles and pickle shots along the way and wow! I am a convert....we fairly flew into Blythe. I drank electrolytes out of my camelbak today and I am sure that made a difference, too. Felt good at the end of the day...to be honest, I didn't think I would make the 100 today after yesterday. And, Tractor Tire did pretty well. Think I will leave it on at least till we get to Wickenburg.
Tomorrow: 116 to Wickenburg....



No comments:

Post a Comment